Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Does Doubt Influence Commitment?

So as the first chapter of Dealing With Doubt said, most all people have issues with doubt from time to time. What I wonder is, does this doubt affect people "selling out" to Christ and living a radical life for His purposes?

For example, when people give reasons why they don't witness to others, I have never heard someone say because they have doubts in their faith. Maybe this is something they don't want to admit to. I know this is an issue for me. The doubts I have often make it hard for me to want to tell others about Him.

Also, the doubts make me wonder about what if our faith is not true? What then? All the time and energy we spend praying, studying the Bible, serving at church, etc. would be a waste. Then we would have to figure out the real purpose of life... being happy, leaving a legacy, mastering an area of expertise, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment